Membership has its Benefits!
Real Estate Investors Uniting for Success
ABOUT MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS (Click for Newsletter Archive)
- WHO WE ARE: After 35 years as the Iowa Landlord Association (ILA), and 9 years as Two Rivers REIA of Central Iowa (TRREIA), we are merging these two organizations under one umbrella organization – IaREIA. We have focused on three primary benefits Education, Legislation, and Member Benefits (ELM) for several years now, and there is enough overlap in the focus of both groups, that merging was logical. Both organizations now form a Chapter of the National REIA (NaREIA). We are proud of our Charter Chapter status, and the national awards we have won -- in 2014 for "Legislative Affairs" and two awards in 2015, for "Legislative Affairs" and "Education". We are committed to offering best-in-class services in Iowa.
- ABOUT ELM: We proactively implement technology to enhance member benefits -- now, at an unprecedented level. This path is not without its speed bumps, but to be best-in-class in Iowa with forms, training, access to timely information of direct value to members, accounting system and property management training, ready access to other members for networking, listings of investment property for sale, and access to top notch Vendor Partners, we felt it necessary to get caught up with the top performers in the nation! ELM is simply the acronym which best describes our primary focus.
- OUR NATIONAL AFFILIATIONS: National REIA, with 45+ Chapters across the US, supporting nearly 40,000 members and nearly 200 affiliate groups, provides outstanding leadership in education and networking opportunities for our leadership. They provide a framework and coaching to help us elevate our approach to education (PHP and IaCHP), association leadership training (Mid-Year Leadership conferences), Federal level lobbying, and services which simply would not be available were we not a member. In addition, we are continually enhancing our relationships with our Tier-1 “National Account” Vendor Partners and local Vendor Partners — to increase the tangible ROI of your membership investment.
- WHO WE SERVE: We serve Rental Property Owners and Property Managers of residential rental property across Iowa, from the Missouri to the Mississippi River, and from Kansas to Minnesota – through the Iowa Landlord Association subgroup. We also serve real estate entrepreneurs in the same region, through Two Rivers REIA. In those areas where we do not currently offer district meetings, we offer an internet only membership which provides access to the "Members-Only" portions of our web resources, including access to association forms.
- OUR MEMBERS and MEMBERSHIPS: Our members include active stakeholders in the industry, primarily owners and property managers, as well as Vendor Partners who serve those industries. We no longer (as of Aug 1, 2015) offer separate memberships to ILA or TRREIA -- when you join IaREIA, you automatically have access to meetings of both subgroups (except "At Large, Online Only"). Our “At Large” membership is for those who live more than 60 miles from a local, district meeting. You’ll find more details under membership type.
- SCOPE OF SERVICE: Our association is extending our outreach across Iowa primarily to enhance our effectiveness at the State General Assembly level. We have a 50-Senate District and 100-House District strategy to accomplish our objectives, so we serve members across the entire state. Because many rental property owners are looking for new and creative ways to expand their real estate investment portfolio (best accomplished by attending subgroup meetings of ILA) and to create income generating opportunities (best accomplished by attending subgroup meetings of TRREIA), we have merged the two membership types. Now, both groups benefit from our lobbying efforts to create fair and balanced legislation at the State Level. We serve members from “River to River”. No other organization in the state offers this mix of opportunity for networking and professional, industry specific education.
- STATEWIDE PAC: Through the Iowa Rental Property Owners Political Action Committee (IARPO-PAC) and our lobbying activities, we assist in the creation and modification of State Laws for a fair and balanced approach to benefit our members. We share this PAC operations and funds allocation with other groups in the state. We are very committed to ensuring funds are distributed in a non-partisan manner. What we hope for, and often enjoy, is a seat at the table when legislative issues effecting investment property owners and managers are being consider. We want our Legislators to spend more time legislating and less time fundraising! The designation of funds distribution is shared with Landlords of Iowa.
- APPLICANT SCREENING SERVICES: One of our Tier-1 Vendor Partners is Contemporary Information Corporation (CIC), for whom we have been a marketing affiliate for over five(5) years. We hear these services rate as best in the nation from our members, barring none, for timely response and accuracy. When you add in our support, willingness to be an "online requester" for small operations, and that we waive the $75 setup fee for our members, this service is mission critical for many. CIC creates "raving fans" of our members. IaREIA-ILA is proud to be the exclusive representative for CIC in Iowa, and no account is too far away for us to setup. In fact, Apply Connect is available to landlords all over the nation! And landlord or property manager, in the country! -- can get started here, today!!!
- LOCAL LOBBYING THROUGH DISTRICT GROUPS: Through “District Sub-Groups”, that can operate like a franchise, we help local leaders to be freed up to focus on their local issues. Instead of being burdened with administrative headaches, which will accrue to any organization over time, we enable our District leaders to focus on what really matters — helping their groups deal with local ordinances and education for members to achieve more success. We feel this is a more effective business model, reducing tensions between “competing” chapters. We strive to create a “we’re all in this together” attitude.
- ASSISTANCE TO OUR DISTRICTS: The daily grind for administrative responsibilities can be overwhelming. We serve to assist, not to control. Though there are many administrative functions which are handled better with centralized responsibility, accountability, and authority, we come to our district meetings with the commitment to “assist” local leadership, not to take over. We couldn’t be nearly as effective without local leadership!
- MEMBERS ONLY & ONLINE DOCUMENTS: As an active member, you will have access to numerous forms and association trademarked assets which aid members in running a rental property business. Premium forms and products are available, providing “best in class” resources to run your business at an even higher level. Our forms are now “online” through Tenant Technologies. For more information, contact the office.
- EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS: We provide for our members the nationally recognized “Professional Housing Provider” (PHP) certification (a NaREIA-sponsored program) of 60-hours and the “Iowa Certified Housing Professional” certification (IaCHP - 36-hours of classroom training), designed for owners and managers of Iowa residential property. We capture hours for members they may be viewed at any time, in your profile record.
- AFFILIATE MEMBERS: Our Master Vendor Partners, Vendor Partners and Vendor Affiliates offer products and services of direct benefit for members. We screen our vendor partners to ensure that professional services and high quality products are being provided to our members, yielding a “Speed of Trust” dividend for those who do business with our Vendor Partners. We keep striving for "best in class" vendor partners, which we know can be very helpful to our members.
- MASTERMIND GROUPS, ADVANCED COACHING PROGRAMS, ASSISTANCE WITH AUTOMATED, MULTI-USER ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS, AND MORE!!!
Should you have further questions, please contact our office. You will want to have the most current information to start your ROI for investing in membership in IaREIA, today! The Iowa Real Estate Investors Association. We are "Real Estate Investors Uniting for Success".
Succeeding in business is about smart relationships. That’s why we created National REIA’s Office Depot/OfficeMax program. Participating in this program provides you with great savings, award winning service, and the ability to shop the way you like (online, by phone, or in-store). As a member, you receive discounts of up to 45% off retail everyday prices, FREE next-day delivery when you spend a minimum of $50 and exclusive Copy & Print pricing
Click Here for More Information
Our National REIA Sponsors:
Member Access Details:
- Enroll Online (Active Members Only)
- Pro Xtra - Enrollment Guide
- Pro Xtra - Website
- National REIA Discount Appliance Catalog
- To Download the Appliance Order Form
Home Depot Pro
Volume Pricing and the Pro Bid Room:
The National Real Estate Investors Association teamed up with The Home Depot to offer all of its members a Material Purchase Rebate Incentive Program (see below for more details). This program is available to all members and offers unbeatable Volume Pricing. This amazing benefit is designed to offer real estate investors and contractors the lowest price possible on job lot quantities. In most cases, a minimum order threshold of only $1,500 is required. * Currently, the average savings through Volume Pricing exceeds 10% nationwide. (depending on products & quantity, visit your local Pro Desk for more details!)
Simple quotes can be returned within seconds and Contractor Services associates can help you compile and submit your bids. Home Depot now also provides National REIA members commercial credit/financing services, direct to job site delivery and "will-call" pickup options! Whatever you're looking for - lumber, building supplies, plumbing, electrical or hardware items your order of $1,500 or more may be eligible for volume pricing.*
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? SUBMIT YOUR QUOTE AT THE PRO BID ROOM TODAY!
In addition, to volume pricing through the Pro Bid Room, the partnership between the Home Depot and National REIA offer the following four programs:
- 1) NATIONAL REIA REBATE INCENTIVE PROGRAM FROM THE HOME DEPOT®
NATIONAL REIA REBATE INCENTIVE PROGRAM FROM THE HOME DEPOT® is a biannual rebate of 2% of your net sales for your purchases at The Home Depot and Home Depot Tool Rental
- No cost to enroll: Enrollment Form
- Register any form of payment accepted at The Home Depot- including checking accounts, credit cards, debit cards and THD accounts.
- Email HomeDepot@nationalreia.org to make sure your account is set up properly and that you are verified for your 20% Paint Discount.
**Enrolled members must spend a minimum of $5,000 each 6 months (Jan-Jun & Jul-Dec) to be eligible. Your rebate will be issued biannually, within 60 days following the biannual rebate periods 6/30 and 12/31. All rebates issued that total up to $1,000 will be paid by a Home Depot gift card.
- 2) Appliance Program
- 3) Paint Program
- 4) Cabinet Program
- 5) Home Depot 11% Rebate Price Match / Shopping Tips
Home Depot Paint and Appliance Programs: Home Depot has put together an amazing Paint and Appliance Program for the Members of National REIA!
Here are some of the insurance program highlights designed exclusively for National REIA Members: Property Program Highlights:
- Simplistic Underwriting
- No Photos or Inspections required
- Packaged Coverage for Property & General Liability
- For Vacant or Occupied Dwellings
- Fully Pro-Rated Insurance
- Availability in All States
Renters Program Highlights:
- Dual Coverage for Renters Contents & Liability
- Pays the Renter for Direct Physical Damage to Personal Property
Landlord Supplemental Protection (LSP) Program Highlights:
- Reduces the Need for Collections
- Protects Cash Flow Due to Uninsured Losses
Exclusively for National REIA Members – Free Self-Directed IRA for one year! Open a new Equity Trust account and pay only a $99 annual account maintenance fee for one full year.
Your $99 Self-Directed IRA Account for 1-Full Year account includes:
- Complimentary National REIA Gold Level Service for 1-Full Year
- Free Download of Building Retirement Wealth Through Alternative Investments (Book)
- 2 Free Expedited Processing Certificates ($150 value)
- 2 Free Wire Transfer Certificates ($60 value)
- 2 Free Wealth Building Workshop Ticket ($144 value)
Open your Self-Directed IRA with Equity Trust Company and use your retirement money to fund investments in real estate, notes, tax liens, and more.
Equity Trust Company, a leader in Self-Directed IRAs, provides you with the opportunity to take control of your financial future with tax-advantaged accounts. As a National REIA member you will have access to dedicated investment liaisons, an online account management system, and education resources complete with an online investor community.Equity Trust is a passive custodian and does not provide tax, legal or investment advice. Any information communicated by Equity Trust is for educational purposes only, and should not be construed as tax, legal or investment advice. Whenever making an investment decision, please consult with your tax attorney or financial professional.
With special discounts and the highest levels of service there's never been a better reason to rent with Avis! And low rates are just the beginning... they go the extra mile for you with special offers and personalized, attentive service that will put a smile on your face, too. Rates and Reservations are available online 24-7! On Avis.com you can request a rate, create, modify, review or cancel a reservation. Our National REIA Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) is included, and will automatically shop for the lowest rate available. When completed, you'll get instant confirmation of your reservation online and via e-mail.
Looking to save money on car rentals? Then Budget's got a deal for you. Reserve your rental car online and your Budget Customer Discount (BCD) will automatically shop for the best available rate. Complete your rental car reservation and receive instant online and email confirmation of your travel plans! Also, take advantage of great Member Specials - Whether you're renting at the airport or in your neighborhood, Budget always offers great coupons on top of your member discount. Use one of your next getaway or business trip!
CallFire offers one of the world’s most trusted communications platforms for voice and text messaging. Use CallFire to compose and send SMS text and voice broadcasts in minutes. Reach all of your customers instantly to communicate information, offer promotions to keep them engaged, and generate new leads – all while saving valuable time and money. With your National REIA membership, you will receive specially negotiated rates of 3 cents per Voice Broadcast, 2.5 cents for Text Messages.
One tool, for all your marketing. That’s the Constant Contact Toolkit. Our customers get real results through marketing campaigns like email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more. But it’s not just about the product: award-winning support and free marketing resources are there to make the path to success smoother.
Sign up today at NationalREIA.constantcontact.com
FedEx Powered by Partner Ship
The National REIA Shipping Program, managed by PartnerShip®, provides members with the following benefits:
- Highly discounted Small Package shipping services with select services from FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Home Delivery®
- Affordable LTL Freight shipping options with reputable national and regional carriers
- Cost-effective Tradeshow shipping solutions, with guaranteed on-time delivery
Foreclosure.com connects smart real estate investors with the best discounted — and off-market — distressed property deals located throughout the United States.
NREIA members receive 25% off our monthly subscription fee, securing exclusive behind-the-scenes access to our nationwide database of profit-rich foreclosure, preforeclosure, bankruptcy, short sale and wholesale investment opportunities.
Local Market Monitor
Local Market Monitor provides decision tools for residential real estate investors with straightforward logic and real time information for opportunity analysis.
Member Access Details:
- SPC Account # xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office Depot - OfficeMax
Achieve BIG Savings on Printing & Office Supplies
Office Depot / Office Max offers tremendous savings, award winning customer service, and the ability to shop the way you like (online, by phone, or in-store) with up to 55% off retail office supply, cleaning & breakroom items; 10% off average savings on technology solutions; 10% off an expansive in-store assortment of 6,000+ items; Up to 20% off printer ink & toner; special pricing on finishing, printing and copies; and free next day delivery on order over $50.
- Up to 55% off retail on office supply, cleaning & breakroom items
- 10% off average savings on technology solutions
- 10% off an expansive in-store assortment of 6,000+ items (pretty much the entire store!!!)
- Free next day delivery on order over $50.00
- Up to 20% off printer ink & toner
- Dedicated Account Manager
Special Pricing on Copy & Print:
- $0.027 Black & White copies
- $0.29 Color copies
- 40% off Finishing Services - including laminating, binding, [a[er upgrades, etc.
With National REIAU, we have made learning from some of the best fast, easy and inexpensive. National REIAU delivers great low-cost, high-quality investor training on exactly the subject you want, exactly when you want it.Visit National REIAU Website
Member Access Details:
- Visit UnitingInvestors.org to join
Uniting Investors is National REIA's online platform for members to talk to each other and network with others.
- Knowledge and Expertise - Chat with your fellow National REIA members, discussing blog articles, and using polls and surveys.
- Networking - Access to a member directory of other Uniting Investors, accessing focus groups, and events organized by these groups.
- Resources and Tools - Use the Resource Library to access the other National REIA's benefits providers, as well as learning more about House Canary.
Join us today at UnitingInvestors.org
*** Membership in IaREIA includes membership in National REIA.